Mode of Operation and Partner
IZBI supports cooperating scientists on a project basis. Projects can be either scientific research projects or service-oriented projects,
e.g. providing basic data management and analysis technology.
Projects can be proposed by any partner at any time (contact our office). Project teams typically consist of IZBI staff and external partners.
Presently the IZBI pursues joint projects with:
- the Max-Planck-Institutes for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI EVA) and for
Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS)
- and other institutions of the University of Leipzig
- Department of Computer Science (IfI)
- Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Epidemiology (IMISE)
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Clinical Research (IZKF)
- Institute for Clinical Immunology (IKIT)
- Institute for Anatomy (IA)
- Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (GO)
- Centre for Biotechnology and Biomedicine (BBZ)
- Coordination Centre for Clinical Trials (KKSL)
- Institute for Zoology (IfZ)
- Institute of Animal Hygiene and Public Veterinary Health (VMF)
The IZBI closely cooperates with the Bioinformatics group of Prof. Peter F. Stadler at the Department of Computer Sciences.
Current Projects at IZBI are: